Saturday, August 4, 2012

Do I Have To Be A Jerk ?

It never fails, each and every time I have a product or customer service issue, I call the company and get somebody who acts nonchalant. They explain to me how simple it is to resolve the issue myself and they always start by saying "All you have to do is......." Like I'm an idiot. When I tell them that I've been trying EVERYTHING for the past 3 hours they get quiet, and then I realize what I have to do. I have to get up, get dressed and go there. By the time I get there I'm already pissed because this always seems to happen on one of those rare Saturdays when I have nothing to do & was hoping not to have to go anywhere. As soon as I walk in with a frown on my face someone finds a manager who always sees fit to tell me all about store policy but, it goes in one ear a right out of the other. I let them know that I'm the consumer and I dictate what will and will not happen. Once in a while I might cause a scene and get nasty and 9 times out of 10 it works. Never the less it's always annoying and time consuming to have to step out of character, be a jerk, and use my "big blackness" to get the service that I deserve.

PR

No comments:

Post a Comment