Monday, March 24, 2014

Just When You Thought You Heard It All News (3-29-2014)

 
Usually the stories in "Just When You Thought You Heard It All News" are current. But when I read about this beyond bazaar blast from the past. I just had to write about it. 
There's a fine line between art and torture......Well, not really. Art probably shouldn't hurt.

American artist Chris Burden was nailed to the back of a Volkswagen Beetle and driven around for a few minutes in his 1974 performance artwork. The painful and confounding act took place at a time where large-scale violence broke out during the Vietnam War to shatter illusions of peace and the guise of justice and equality in the U.S. Burden considered the Volkswagen to be the “the car of the people” and likened his Christ-like crucifixion to self-liberation through demystifying the terror and violence of such an act while displaying the human body as truly free from being governed by laws............WHAT THE?!

Three years before this performance, Burden stood before a loaded rifle and was shot in the arm for another one of his extreme performance pieces appropriately called Shoot.

This guy definently had a death wish. I wonder if he's still........Let me Google him real quick...........Yes he's still alive.
Go figure!

This is Superman,.......and this is            Superman on drugs. Any questions?

Faster than a speeding bullet? No not really. More powerful than a locomotive? Well, maybe faster than a toy train set. Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound? He probably believes he can when he's high.

A man named Christipher Reeves, not to be confused with Christopher Reeve, the late actor known for his portrayal of Superman, was arrested in Utah earlier this week after allegedly driving his truck under the influence.

Davis County sheriff's deputies pulled over Reeves, who was wearing a Superman T-shirt at the time of his arrest, after they caught him allegedly speeding early Tuesday.

Deputies searched Reeves' truck after he failed a field sobriety test and found synthetic marijuana, drug paraphernalia,  "a baseball-sized bag of meth," and about 3 kilograms of Krytonite. Sgt. Susan Poulsen said.

The bag of meth weighed 52 grams. Reeves admitted to ingesting two Lortab prescription hydrocodone pills about two hours before he was stopped, according to police.

Reeves was transported to the Davis County Jail where he was booked on charges including possession with intent to distribute, as well as several traffic offenses.


When I was a teenager I did a lot of stupid things. I saved money just so that I could buy $200 sneakers. I used to drive 90 in my fathers Duece and a Quarter on the freeway, and one night me and a friend of mine sat in the parking lot of White Castle and devoured 100 cheeseburgers. Actually I was probably around 20 when I did that. But it was still stupid. But no matter how stupid I was, I was never stupid enough to leave any PERMANENT evidence.

An 18-year-old from Norway now has a McDonald's receipt tattooed on his right arm. Stian Ytterdahl of Lorenskog, said that his friends wanted to punish him for being "too active with the ladies". 

I'm not exactly sure what that means. But I guess in some kind of weird foreign, Norway kind of way it isn't good.

His friends gave him the option of getting a Barbie tattooed on his butt or his fast food purchase on his arm.

"Now I'm a living billboard," he said. "But I think all this is just fun. Maybe it won't be as fun when I'm 50 or 60 years old, but it's my choice."

The tattoo, which takes up most of his arm, shows a recent purchase that included a soda, cheeseburger and "nonstop Flurry."

A spokeswoman from McDonald's Norway has stated that the teen is "obviously" a "loyal customer."
Sound like code words for, "Thanks dummy!"

The tattoo parlor also offered to ink the receipt they gave Ytterdahl for the first tattoo on his left arm for free and he's agreed. The tattoo on his other arm will be the receipt he got when he bought the crack that made him high enough to agree to the first tattoo.

PR

No comments:

Post a Comment