Monday, February 9, 2015

Holding On, Hanging On


I'll be honest, and I won't ask you. But I will admit that some days are harder than others. Some days I find it hard to hold on, and I end up hanging on. I feel like the edge of the cliff is crumbling beneath my fingers, and I can feel the chill of the cold wind whipping around my head beackoning me to let go. The weight of the world pulls my body like faithful hands dedicated to my demise. But I'm hanging on. I try to devise new strategies to pull myself up. But it's only Tuesday and I just don't have it in me. My hands start to slip and I close my eyes and let go. As I wait to feel my fall, I realize that I am not moving. I'm afraid to open my eyes because it might ruin my relief. But I felt his hands stop me from falling. In the midnight hour 12:01 am when all seemed lost, I found myself, safe in his hands.

We have to hold on even if it means hanging on!

PR

No comments:

Post a Comment