Monday, March 11, 2013

Revealed !

There was a time in my life when I would not only hold on to a grudge for dear life, but I would seek revenge. In the past I've thought nothing of going to whatever lengths necessary to crush those who wronged me, and I felt a deep sense of satisfaction from causing calamity in their lives. At least, I thought that I was satisfied. Looking back, I realize that carrying grudges and exacting revenge took a lot of energy, both mentally and physically. It wasn't until I let go and let God have his way, that I realized that he will always fight my battles.

Romans 12:19
Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

What I believe is based on Biblical principal but the fact of the matter is that those who are evil, and seek to hurt others, always have been, and always will be revealed. They will always reveal themselves through their actions. It is the inevitability of human nature. Most people can't help but be who they are, or what they are unless there is a miracle, or a self-initiated miraculous change in their lives.
Free will is perhaps the greatest gift that we have. We can choose to use it wisely, or we can choose to abuse it for the sake of self gratification with absolutely no regard for others. We are all guilty of misusing our free will. But to do so continuously is not a virtue. The problem is, all too often our decisions are based on emotion, which most often means that we're trying to satisfying our damaged feelings, bruised ego's or broken heart's.

In life we either react, act, or do nothing. reacting which is often based on emotion is rarely if ever advantageous or productive. Actions are decisions that are far more calculated and thought out. This does not mean that the actions are positive, but there is a much greater chance that they represent a step in the right direction in comparison to simply reacting. Having the strength, wisdom, and discernment to know when you should just do nothing is the hardest thing to do out of the three. Letting The Lord fight your battles, letting the karma of the universe work into a revelation can seem like an arduous task. But the reward is much sweeter in the end. The bottom line is, what goes around comes around, and we do not have to do evil for evil. We can relax and take comfort in knowing that self sabotaging people will eventually self destruct. I am a witness. If you wait, evil doers will always implode sooner or later. It may not always be according to our time line but with patience belief, and faith, what is done in darkness will always come to light, whether it is intentional or not.

PR


No comments:

Post a Comment