Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Art of Reconciliation

Reconcile; to cause (a person) to accept or be resigned to something not desired: He was reconciled to his fate.

Every work day begins the exact same way for me. I wake up at 4:40 AM, turn off my alarm clock before it goes off at 4:45 so that it won't wake up my wife, then I sit on the edge of the bed for a few minutes and think about what I should have done 20 years ago so that I wouldn't have to get up at 4:45. But usually by the time I get out of the shower I am firmly rooted in the present and I am able to reconcile my day, my week, and sometimes the months ahead. I thank God every day for blessing me with the daily opportunity to provide for my family, but sometimes I need a little extra motivation, and I know that I am not the only one.
Firstly, I'll start off by saying that each and every one of us has something to look forward to. It could be a birthday, a holiday, a day off, or a special event. It could even be a few minutes of alone time in which you indulge in something that you enjoy. But all of us have something that makes us smile and gives us hope on a hopeless day. It is in this hope that we can find the motivation to be productive in each and every aspect of our lives, and a mind set that allows us to dream. I have devised my own personal plan to satisfy my mind, and sustain my spirit. I spent some time in prayer before I leave my home and then I start to manifest my idea.
I reconcile my work day by dividing it into sections. I know that I have at least 3.5 hours from the time that I sign in until the time that I take my first break. During this time I submerge myself in my assignment's and I work continuously. After my first 15 minutes break, I have 1 hour and 45 minutes until lunch, so I keep myself busy enough to make time fly, this also allows me to fly on time. After lunch I have 2.5 hrs left in my day. This is when the count down begins. Then, exactly 5 minutes until quitting time, I shut my computer down and quietly make my way out of the building. Once I'm in my truck, I make a concerted effort not to "peel out", opting to cruise through the main gate instead, and then I do it all over again the next day. Hours turn into days, weeks, and months, and I treasure each and every pleasurable moment in the midst of passing time. It has been my experience that if I compartmentalize my days, it not only makes time go by faster, but I am better able to cope with any and all situations that may pop up from time to time. In addition to compartmentalization I keep a sharp mental focus on my latest grand goal. On an average week it could be as easy as anticipating Friday. On other occasions it could be, knowing that my wife or one of my children has a birthday coming up, or something like a 3, or even a 4 day weekend. I also anticipate my dreams coming to fruition in the coming years, and my fantasies becoming reality. This is the method that I use to stay focused in life, and succeed, proceeded by a whole lot of prayer of course. The fact of the matter is that each and every day that we wake up with the activity of our limbs, breath in our bodies, and in our right minds is a wonderful day. But there will always be those times when it is difficult to remember how blessed we are because of some of the routines, perils, and pitfalls of life. We must always focus on the positive, and remember that the sun will rise on a new day once again.

PR




No comments:

Post a Comment