Tuesday, October 7, 2014

That's So.......NOT True Raven!

Notice that lost look......
Side Bar: "Miss Sophia, how you feel?
Confused....."

Raven: I don’t need language. I don’t need a categorizing statement for it. 

Oprah: So you don’t want to be labeled gay? 

Raven: I don’t’ want to be labeled gay. I want to be labeled, a human who loves humans. I’m tired of being labeled. I’m an American, I’m not an African American. I’m an American. 

Oprah: Oh girl, don’t set up the Twitter on fire. What?! Oh, my Lord! What did you say?  

Raven: I don’t know where my roots go to. I don’t know how far back they go. I don’t know what country in Africa I’m from. But I do know my roots are in Louisiana. I’m an American and that’s a colorless person.  

Oprah: I mean, you’re going to get a lot of flack for saying you’re not African American. You know that right? 

Raven: I have darker skin, I have a nice, interesting grade of hair. I connect with Caucasian, I connect with Asian, I connect with Black, I connect with Indian. I connect with each culture. 

Oprah: You are a melting pot in one body.  

Raven: Aren’t we all? Isn’t that what America’s supposed to be?
Oprah: That’s what it’s supposed to be, for sure

It never fails, every now and then some confused, foolish, rich, AFRICAN-AMERICAN, decides to wax philosophical and ends up exposing their ignorance.
Raven Simone and those like her are under the false impression that their money and fame have allowed them to transcend race. I pity these dillisional people, and I'll keep them in my prayers......right after I finish making fun of them! 
Not many of us knows what country in Africa we're from. But we do know that we're from Africa, and although none of us should let anyone define who we are. The fact is, we are defined and labeled from the second we come into this world until the moment we leave. At birth we are defined as baby girl, or baby boy, and (whatever race we happen to be), then for the rest of our lives the way that society defines us, is by our deeds, actions, and words. But note, while we can change how we perceive ourselves, and how people perceive us to some degree we cannot change our genealogy. 
After all, putting on a space suit and calling yourself the man on the moon doesn't make it so. It just makes you a lunatic, and the fact that Raven actually felt a need to reference herself as some sort of non-racial being, proves that she is at least in some way conscious of who she really is even if she pretends that she is not. In order for you to despise yourself, you must first know what it is that you despise.

PR


No comments:

Post a Comment