Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Everybody Has One

Everybody has an opinion. Sometimes you ask for them, and sometimes you don't. We've all asked someone, at some time, some where what they think when we're faced with some of life's challenges. But the question is, and always has been. Who do you listen to? I believe that question is best answered by deciding who you shouldn't listen to. Drawing from my own personal experience, if I took every piece of advice that I had ever heard as if it was best for me, I wouldn't have married my wife. I would have never relocated to North Carolina from New York, and I would probably have been well into a long prison sentence. All of which are some of the best thing's that I have ever done, and in reference to the prison sentence never done. With that being said, there's a lot of good advice that I wish I had taken. The bottom line is. I may not be exactly where I want to be, but thank God I'm not where I could be.

When you decide to seek to the council of a friend, family member, or acquaintance, you will be doing yourself a grave disservice if you don't look at the source. The reason for this critical analysis is two fold in nature. Think about....
#1. How they dealt with the situation when they were confronted with it, if they have in fact, been confronted with it. There are some who were unsuccessful when they were faced with the same circumstance who will urge you to apply the same dubious advice that didn't work for them. Misery loves company.
#2. Does this person have your best interest at heart? Everybody that smiles in your face, and calls you friend, does not want to see you happy. Deep down inside you know who they are. If you don't. Pray for them to be revealed. 

Proverbs 13:20


20 He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.

PR

No comments:

Post a Comment