Monday, December 31, 2012

No New Year's Resolution

Most of us have made New Years Resolution's. We promise ourselves that we're going to lose weight, save money, or accomplish something in the new year that we could not accomplish the year before. The problem is, the very definition of a New Years resolution has become synonymous with an aspiration that never comes to fruition. In other words, there is little or no resolve in most New Years resolutions.
This year I have decided to forgo making my usual laundry list of New Years resolution's and just make 1 promise. A promise that is all encompassing, all inclusive, and full proof. I promise to trust in The Lord. Sure, I have been, but not like I should, and I am man enough to admit
it. There have been times this past year when I've had my doubts, entertained my fears and did not stand on his promises, and despite falling short, he brought me and my family through. So I look forward to this year through optimistic eyes imagining the abundant blessing's that await me when I put 100% trust in him.
I know that if I trust in The Lord to lead me and guide me all of my desires will become reality. This year, I want to be a better Christian, a better husband, a better father, a better son, a better brother, a better employee, and a better man. I know that my prayers, and my trust in him will continue to make me stronger. I know that I don't need a resolution as long as I believe and stand on his promises.

Philippians 3:13-14
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Matthew 17:20
20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Happy New Year!

PR

No comments:

Post a Comment