Monday, July 23, 2012

How Can Anybody Not Believe In God?

I had a very interesting conversation with one of my coworker's recently. He explained to me that he is an agnostic. Basically what that means is that he neither confirms or denies the existence of God. It's like saying that he doesn't really believe in God but just in case God is real he'll be on the right side of things because he didn't just disregard his existence outright. I was completely baffled, and a little disturbed by this revelation, & when I asked him why, he explained to me that he has a hard time believing in something that he could not see. Yet he believes in the air that he breathes, and he'll admit that there are many things that man just cannot explain. I refuse to believe that the entire universe was created by happenstance, circumstance, or a big bang. I refuse to believe that the engineering of my eyelashes to keep the dust out my my eyes just some how happened to be. The Lord has proven himself to me too many times for me to believe that he is a simple figment of my imagination, steeped in tradition, upbringing, and fantasy. I feel sorry for those who do not believe, and I pity them even more.
Living your life without at least being a believer is a dangerous game, because you have no standards by which to guide your moral compass. It's hard enough living life as a Christian and true believer. I couldn't imagine living my life being guided by my flesh. Choosing to live life by my own personal code which I could and probably would adjust any time that I was in the mood or felt that I was justified in doing so. My last words to him were "I'll pray for you".
Psalms 14: 1-7
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

PR




No comments:

Post a Comment