Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Day Super Man Left

Grace, mercy, and peace be with you! This is the very first posting of my weekly blog, "The PRBrown Report". On this blog I will be discussing many subject's but I would like to begin my foray into the world of blogging with a personal poem.

It was a warm June night, the day that Superman left.
Upon hearing the news that I didn't want to hear, I could not believe that he actually took his last breath.
I fought back the tears as the sadness came, and my children asked "Daddy, what's wrong?
I remembered the words of another hero of my mine, saying, son, you have to be strong!
I'm trying, I'm trying, I'm trying, but it just may be the hardest thing that I have ever had to do.
I just pray that my life will have half the impact that his did once my life is through.
Super man never judged me even when I judged myself, and he was always there to rescue me whenever I needed a little help.
He never criticized me, and was always there to lend a helping hand.
He never failed to be a shining example of what it is to be a man.
It is only now that I realize that he is not truly gone, because when I look deep into to my son's eyes I realize that his legacy still lives on.

PR

No comments:

Post a Comment