A Washington man popped half an Ambien after surgery and woke up to a nightmare.
The 75-year-old’s dream that he was in a plane crash turned into hallucinations that were so vivid, he dialed 911 to report an accident.
He told dispatchers that the small cargo aircraft in which he was traveling with three other people from his home city of Renton to Oregon had landed in a field with trees and that he was “pinned in,” reports SFGate.
The others were unconscious and he couldn’t see out of the window, he added.
“He was very calm during the call but sounded scared 911 dispatcher Becky McCracken said. “It sounds real. And I’ve listened to it a couple of times. I would never know it wasn’t real.”
I wonder how much I can get for my old Tonka trucks, circa 1976??
If ever you needed motivation to sort through your old knickknacks this is it.
A blue and white vase that was for years used as a doorstop by a family in Birmingham, central England, turned out to be a rare 18th century Chinese artifact — which sold at auction on Friday for an eye-popping £650,000 (around $860,000).
The unidentified seller inherited the 26-inch high vessel, believed to have been made during Emporor Quainlong's reign between 1735 and 1799, from his antique dealer great aunt Florence in 1978.
Florrie, as she was affectionately known, had reportedly acquired it while living in Cornwall, in southwest England, during the 1920s.
“It is a quite spell bounding vase,” Charles Hanson, managing director of Derbyshire-based auctioneers Hansons, said via a press statement prior to the auction, adding it was possibly manufactured by the Imperial Kilns for the Emperor’s Summer Palace.”
But the sale price ended up toppingthose predictions after the auction house received “significant interest” from across China, Taiwan and Hong Kong, Hanson told the BBC. The buyer’s identity has not been revealed.
Quick! Somebody turn the burners on!!!!
The large bull snake was looking for a meal, but not necessarily hot dogs or hamburgers.
“The homeowner took a picture of this large bull snake who was trying to get the baby birds in a Robin’s nest up the tree,” animal control officers wrote.
Bull snakes are non-venomous. But this image will make you never want to barbecue again!.......Well, at least for a few days!