Saturday, March 26, 2016

Just When You Thought You Heard It All News (3-26-2016)

In Fayetteville, NC, Bruno has a message for the thief who ruined Easter for his special-needs grandchildren.

"There is going to come a day when you are older, and have kids, grandkids, somebody is going to do it to you, then you will see it's just not right," said Bruno.

Bruno said Sunday night someone idiot snatched a 7-foot inflatable Easter Bunny ornament from his front yard. It was right next to the porch where other decorations were also vandalized.

Bruno said the inflatable bunny was the grandchildren's favorite.

"They like to come and hug him," he explained.

Bruno said he got the bunny at a yard sale a couple of years ago. It's only worth about $50, but to his grandchildren it's priceless.

"I don't make a lot of money. I am disabled and what little bit we have my wife tries to make it pretty out here for the kids," he said.

Bruno said police told him the likely culprits were neighborhood teens, but a search hasn't turned up the bunny. He went around local stores trying to find a replacement, but had no luck. Ordering one online won't get it here fast enough.
"It's the sentimental value, and we see the little grandkids eyes light up like Christmas morning and Easter Morning," he said.

Now, he's not sure how he'll tell the kids their bunny is gone.

"We just do what we have to do. I can't make them cry. That's not right," he said.

ABC11 has heard from viewers who may be able to help out Bruno. We'll let you know what happens.

It’s going from one bad joke to another.

A North Carolina man is speaking out after he says he was slapped in handcuffs for not returning a VHS rental more than 14 years ago — and now the movie’s star, Tom Green, is coming to his rescue.

James Meyers, 37, says he was driving his daughter to school Tuesday morning when he was pulled over by Concord police for a broken taillight.

It was that moment he was informed that there was a warrant out for his arrest, specifically for not returning the 2001 flop, "Freddy Got Fingered". One of the most important films known to man, said no one ever.

“I thought he was joking,” Meyers said, recalling his arrest.

The flick’s comedian apparently did too.

“I just saw this and I am struggling to believe it is real,” Green tweeted Wednesday night.

Meyers said he vaguely remembers renting the comedy — which has a 4.5/10 rating on and won five Razzie Awards in 2002, including Worst Picture. Apparently when he failed to return it, a warrant was issued in late 2001.

After he was informed of the warrant, Meyers said he was allowed to continue on to his daughter’s school under the promise that he’d turn himself into the police department later that day.

He thought he’d arrive and it’d all get sorted out. Instead, he found himself booked for a class 3 misdemeanor, which is punishable with a fine up to $200.

He has a court appearance scheduled for April 27.

“For the first time, I got put in handcuffs,” he said.

Concord Police Sgt. Jonathan Hathcock confirmed Meyers’ arrest to the Huffington Post Thursday, saying, “It doesn’t matter what kind of warrant it is, if it’s a warrant we’re going to serve it.”

Green, who was reached by the NY Daily News while doing a stand-up comedy tour in Australia, said he’s since spoken with Meyers about the incident and has offered to do what he can to help.

“If it’s 200 bucks, of course I’ll pay it for him, just for the principle of the thing,” he told the paper.

Police in Canada caught a masked armed robber after he unfriended his victim on Facebook.......

Ryle Smith 20, stole about US $750 when he held up a Subway sandwich store in Moncton, New Brunswick, on Nov. 12, 2014.

But the employee that he threatened at knifepoint was actually a “friend” of his on the social networking site.

Smith’s disguise masked his identity, but the robber’s victim became suspicious after he deleted him as a friend after the heist.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police matched Smith's DNA to a sample taken from a bandana found dumped in the restaurant’s parking lot.

Authorities issued a country-wide warrant for Smith’s arrest and he was eventually detained in Calgary, Alberta, in November 2015.

He was sentenced to three-and-a-half years in prison after pleading guilty to robbery at a court in Moncton on Wednesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment