Saturday, March 19, 2016

Just When You Thought You Heard It All News (3-19-2016)

A waitress in Des Moines, Iowa, was stiffed on a tip by a customer who had a beef with her pink hair. 

Taelor May Beeck was working at Zombie Burger on Tuesday when one of her customers came to settle a $17.26 tab.

But the customer didn’t leave a gratuity — just a gratuitous insult, according to the Des Moines Register.

The receipt read: "Tips are only for normal looking people."

"At first I felt really upset I felt attacked, I almost felt like I was back in middle school all over again, like being bullied,” she told WHO-TV. “I felt like a burning anger inside of me.”

Beeck didn’t confront the customer because she decided it’s not worth it.

“When someone puts hate out there, you know to respond in a hateful way will do no good,” she told the station.

Still, she did post the receipt on Facebook, although it’s since been removed.

Beeck has worked at Zombie Burger for five years, and her employer say nothing but good things to say about her.

Orchestrate Hospitality, which owns Zombie Burger, issued a statement singing her praises, according to the Associated Press.

“We believe that zombie burger is a place that celebrates individuality. We are in 100% support of our staff and we’re confident that our customers will be as well. She is an example of a great team member and we are standing by her.”

Beeck is going public with her experience in hopes of turning it into a teachable moment.

“I would tell them to not judge someone based on what they look like,” she told KWWL TV. “I mean, I may look like a weirdo but I’m actually a very nice, decent person. It’s the way that I can express myself artistically and it’s really important for me that I’m allowed to do that, and it’s OK if people don’t understand it because it’s just who I am.”

This is what happens when you have a sign board and way too much time on your hands.

British police had just one word for a drug dealer after finding a secret cannabis stash — “unlucky.”

Officers Discovered $60 of the drug hidden inside a hole by the Grand Union canal towpath in Camden, north London, on Wednesday.

They then trolled the pusher with this single-worded note on headed paper in place of the bags:

Metropolitan Police Sgt. Paul Taylor posted a photograph of the message on Twitter that is nowgoing viral.

“This note left in the place of the early seizure from the canal towpath,” he wrote. Taylor added the perhaps optimistic hashtag #GetInTouch.

Earlier, he’d tweeted this image of the drugs discovered in what he described as a “sneaky hidey-hole.”

No comments:

Post a Comment