Tuesday, March 29, 2016

College Student Pays Off Grandparents House

Stefun Darts, 24, of Houston, is a full-time college student who holds down a full-time job and runs a small nonprofit organization. When he was just a second grader, he made a promise to God that he would pay off his grandparents' Texas home and help them retire.

"A promise I would never break," Darts, 24, wrote on Facebook. "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched ... but are felt by the heart.

"Even with this, I could never repay you for what you've done for me," the San Jacinto College student continued. "I sacrificed my teenage and early adulthood of not having fun for this moment. I couldn't stand you going to work at night, some nights I didn't even sleep knowing it shouldn't be like this. Never have I wrote a check wanting this to be the first one. To all my friends that stood by me over these last 6 years I appreciate you."

Darts, who founded the Caring Youth mentoring program, says that he saved money wherever he could.

"I've been eating pizza, microwave pizza for all my life," Darts told the news station. "My friends will tell you, I never did go out. They didn't know, but this was the reason why."

On March 20, Darts presented his grandparents, Marilyn and Cecil Roberts, with a $15,000 check, and although the Robertses had been making mortgage payments for over 20 years on time, they were still stunned by their grandson's generosity.

"I couldn't believe it," Marilyn Roberts told KHOU. "To have a grandson like that is a blessing."

Darts wasn't finished; in addition to paying off their mortgage, he also gifted them with a trip to the Bahamas.

"He's a very special kid, and I just love having him in my life," Cecil Roberts told the news station.

Darts told the news station that he didn't do this for praise.

"To see tears of joy, to experience that in a lifetime; it's like how many people can say that?" he said.

PR

No comments:

Post a Comment