Monday, March 16, 2015

No Respect & Disrespect!


Are they dead? Kindness, chivalry, and courtesy. If they are dead, when did they die? There are only a few of us "real" people left. The rest are psychos, morons, idiots, and loser's.

A pregnant woman said she was attacked earlier this month after she did not say “thank you” to a man who held a door open for her at a New York City public housing building, 

Lakeeya Walker, who works as a caretaker at the building in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan, was using her key to enter the building on March 5 when a man offered to open the door for her.

“Once I entered the building, I didn’t say anything to him. He was mad that I didn’t say thank you, so he called me an ungrateful bitch,” Walker, who is seven weeks pregnant, said.

The 22-year-old told the man that she had not needed him to hold the door for her and told him not to speak to her that way. The man responded by throwing his coffee in her face.

“Then he takes his cup of coffee—he was drinking a cup of Dunkin’ Donuts coffee—and he throws it at me in my face,” she told the news station. “He then choked me with one hand and then started hitting me repeatedly with the other.” 

Walker tried to escape, but the attacker tossed her to the ground.

“When he felt good and ready, he pulled me off the gate. He threw me on the floor like a WWE mat while laying on my back. My feet is in the air. I’m kicking, kicking, kicking, trying to, like, protect myself. He’s kicking me on the stomach, and while he’s doing this, he says to me, ‘I’m going to kick that baby out your womb,’” the woman added.

Walker was taken to the hospital, where, she said, the doctor told her there was a blood clot by the baby’s head that could go away.

Authorities have identified 32-year-old Darryl Guillyard as a suspect in the assault and are currently looking for him.

So you've just read this story, and you know all of the details. But do you? It's easy to take this narrative at face value and say that Guillyard is an animal, point blank, end of story. But let's go a little deeper. It has often been said that the best things in life are free. Respect, civility, and kindness are just a few of those things. There was a time in our society where these things were not only free but they were easy to do. Walker could have easily said thank you, and Guillyard could have easily just let it go when she didn't. There was a time in this country when we did the right thing simply because it was right, not because we expected a "thank you", and we appreciated when somebody did something that they didn't have to do whether we needed them to or not. Walker said she had not needed him to hold the door for her, but he did. So my question is, since you did doing holding a door open and responding with "thank you" become such chores?

It'll cost Guillard his freedom, and it may cost Walker her child's life.

PR

No comments:

Post a Comment