Friday, April 12, 2013

3 Reasons Why You Should Listen To Your Parents

Don't tell him that I said this, but my father has always been right when it comes to the advice that he has given me over the years. I am not about to pretend that I always listened to him. The truth is, even though I heard each and every wise word, I was much too busy being grown to care about anything more than what I desired, and there were times that I paid the price. I know for a fact that God looks out for babies and fools, because quite a few times,.....lets just say that I wasn't a baby.

While there are many reasons why we should listen to our mother's and father's, these are my top 3.

1. 9 times out of 10, your parents have been where you are, and have learned important lessons that last a lifetime. It is only in our foolish youth that we actually believe that we know more than someone who has lived and experienced more than we will ever know.

2. If you're not sure of anything else, you can be sure of one thing. Your parents love you more than you love yourself, and would never hurt you. With that being said, who can you trust more than them?
Besides maybe your spouse. But then again, that depends on who you're married to.

3. I Know that at the ripe old age of 23, 33, 43, you think you know it all. You've lived a few years, paid some dues, and you may even by a parent yourself by now. But wisdom is something that we can never have enough of, and no matter how much you think you know, your mother knows far more than you do and always will. Remember being smart does not make you wise.

PR


3 comments:

  1. Grace and peace to you. I invite you to follow my blog, www.LifeInThe Scriptures.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, mercy and peace be unto you Bishop! Lets follow each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very wonderful advice better take serious

    ReplyDelete