Thursday, June 2, 2016

Who Was Wrong?!

couldn't go outside of the gate on Moffat street until I was 12 years old. Okay, I'm exaggerating a little. But I am not far off. I grew up in Bushwick, Brooklyn in the 70's and 80's, decades before gentrification. Needless to say, it was a very different neighborhood back then, and my parents knew that there was always the proverbial guarilla outside of the gate. The guarilla could have been crack, a stray bullet, a speedy car, a bad influence, or a neighborhood knucklehead. My point is, they did what they had to do to protect me from these beasts. They made sure that I didn't slip away and fall into A guarilla cage at age 3!

By now we've all heard the story about a little boy slipping away from his mother at the Cincinatti zoo, falling into the cage that was home to a rare silverback guarilla, and the guarilla being shot and killed even though he posed no immediate threat to the child. Of, course pandemonium ensued and continues because some ratical animal rights activists believe that animal life is more valuable than human life. This has always been unfortunate, and reeks of fanaticism. But the fact of the matter is, had this mother been watching her 3 year old, there would be no story. She should at least be fined. However there is no need for a days long massive investigation. I kinda makes you wonder if this whole thing is being dragged out as a convenient smoke screen, or distraction. We need to move on and focus.

PR

No comments:

Post a Comment