Two unlicensed doctors are facing charges for performing botched surgeries on a man's penis, leaving it mutilated..............
A Miami judge has charged Nery Carvajal-Gonzalez, 48, for unlicensed health care causing serious injury. She was picked up this week after landing at Miami International Airport, and is being held on $100,000 bond.
Carvajal-Gonzalez had allegedly operated on her victim, an unnamed 55-year-old hair stylist, several times before she performed the bungled penis enlargement. She gave the man cosmetic facials and injected filler into his buttocks to enhance their shape.
The victim paid Carvajal-Gonzalez $2,500 for the butt injection. Though investigators said "there was a hole in his buttocks that fluid was leaking from," he decided to go forward with the penis enlargement surgery anyway.
In February, Carvajal-Gonzalez allegedly put an implant in the man's penis to make it longer and thicker, but the fillers she used permanently disfigured him, according to local media,
"The victim's penis was now incredibly small, yet very swollen and the skin around the shaft had been removed and was raw," investigators said in a warrant.
For repairs, Carvajal-Gonzalez took the man to meet Mark Schreiber, a fake doctor known as "Dr. Mark," at a warehouse in Hialeah. Schreiber, 60, had already spent two years in jail, starting in 2008, for performing unlicensed plastic surgeries.
The victim reportedly paid Schreiber $1,000 to get Carvajal-Gonzalez's implant removed. After the procedure, the man removed his bandages to find that his penis had been mutilated further. Schreiber told him that the look was normal, and then stopped answering the victim's calls.
Earlier this month, Schreiber was arrested on a charge of unlicensed health care causing serious injury. He's reportedly being held without bond.
The victim's ordeal "reads like a horror script," prosecutor Warren Eth told Local 10. "It's almost unbelievable that a human being can voluntary do this to another human being. Not once, not twice. This was not an isolated incident. [Carvajal-Gonzalez] solicits business and butchers people."
The victim says he's permanently disfigured and can't have sex. He also feels no sensation when he urinates, and suffers from painful "spontaneous erections," investigators told the New York Daily News.
An elementary school teacher who was allowed to keep his job despite being late for work 111 times in two years said Friday that breakfast is to blame for his tardiness. Try working for McDonalds and using that excuse.
"I have a bad habit of eating breakfast in the morning and I lost track of time," 15-year veteran teacher Arnold Anderson told The Associated Press.
In a decision filed Aug. 19, an arbitrator in New Jersey rejected an attempt by the Roosevelt Elementary School to fire Anderson from his $90,000-a-year job, saying he was entitled to progressive discipline. But the arbitrator also criticized Anderson's claim that the quality of his teacher outweighed his tardiness.
He was late 46 times in the most recent school year through March 20 and 65 times in the previous school year, the arbitrator said.
Anderson said he was one to two minutes late to school "at the most" but was prepared and was never late for class.
"I have to cut out eating breakfast at home," he said Friday.
Anderson remains suspended without pay until Jan. 1.
A message seeking comment was left Friday with the school superintendent's office.
The arbitrator found that the district failed to provide Anderson with due process by not providing him with a formal notice of inefficiency or giving him 90 days to correct his failings before terminating his employment.
Gov. Chris Christie referenced the case in a tweet on Friday. Christie wrote: "Think I'm too tough on the teachers union? This is what we're dealing with in NJ."
Anderson said he was "very upset" to be suspended but conceded that losing his job would have been worse.
When he returns to school in January, "I will be early," he said.
"It just felt like they were trying to attract kids, and it just gave me a creepy feeling," Dominique Bellow told KOVR. She said her son took a photo of the vehicle after seeing it around town.
"I didn’t know what was going on so I just wanted to get evidence in case anything happened," 12-year-old Lawrence Bellow said.
As it turns out, the van was a joke-on-wheels bound for this year's Burning Man Arts Festival. There's a tradition of Burning Man attendees driving art cars to the weeklong party, which takes place in the Nevada desert.
The decorated vehicles can get pretty outrageous, but it appears that some people just didn't see the dark humor in the "Free Candy" van.