Thursday, June 11, 2015

McKinney Cop Quits!!! But Is It Enough?!

Cpl. David Eric Casebolt, the out of control cop who was seen brutalizing a petite 14 year old African-American girl at a pool party in McKinney, Texas, has resigned. But Casebolt, who had been placed on administrative leave after the episode on Friday, remains under investigation, Chief Greg Conley said at a news conference. However, Casebolt will keep his pension and benefits. Which is exactly why he chose to resign rather than wait for his inevitable termination. At a press conference yesterday Casebolt apologized with his lawyer by his side who explained his behavior by saying "He allowed his emotions to get the better of him."
But is a resignation and an apology enough? The first time I watched the video I was shocked. The second time I watched the video I was outraged, and after watching it yet a third time I was angry. As I watched Casebolt with his knee in this little girls back as he held her faced down in the grass, all that I could think about was, what if that was my daughter? Is there anything that anybody could say to soothe my rage? Probably not. I can guarantee you that if there was no video footage there would be no controversy, no resignation, and no remorse. So, no it is definitely not enough! With that being said, let's be careful not to make this about color. Anyone who has a daughter, sister, niece, or Grandchild should be outraged because this officer did not approach this with race on his mind, although it was an element. After watching the footage it appears to me that Casebolt felt slighted because his authority was questioned. We must look at the victim of this crime as a child. Regardless of race, color, demeanor or attitude, a child was hurt by some one who's job it was to protect her and his violation of the public trust makes him deserving of prosecution.

PR

No comments:

Post a Comment