A GoFundMe account set up for a woman who claimed to have blown her entire savings on Powerball tickets has been shut down -- despite raising more than $800 in seven hours' time.
A person by the name of Cinnamon Nicole set up a campaign page Thursday, saying she expected to win the $1.58 billion prize when she and her family spent a fortune on lottery tickets last week, despite there being a 1 in 292.2 million chance of actually winning the colossal jackpot.
SO! I expected to win too!! But I'm not asking for my $6 back.
"Please help me and my family as we have exausted all of our funds. We spent all of our money on lottery tickets (expecting to win the 1.5 billion) and are now in dire need of cash," her since-removed GoFundMe page read.
“…I’m certain that we will be able to pick ourselves up from the trenches of this lost and spend another fortune trying to hit it big again!” read the optimistic page, titled "Powerball Reimbursement Fund."
“PLEASE, won't you help a family in need. DONATE NOW,” the Tennessee woman urged.
Exactly how much she spent on tickets was not said. A previous post on her Facebook page said she won $4 from her tickets.
The campaign managed to raise $800 -- out of a $100,000 goal -- before being shut down.
The woman thanked her supporters on Facebook Friday and suggested that it was all just a joke.
“I Thank all of you who actually stuck by me and stood up for me, I appreciate it. People are so quick to judge without knowing or even considering anything other than their point of view,” she wrote. “But this ain't no serious post.... Continue to bash, scorn/ scandalize my name.”
GoFundMe confirmed to CNet the page was removed, stating: "The campaign in question was removed for a violation of GoFundMe's Terms & Conditions."
The company added that all of the funds raised have been returned to the donors.
As his work attire burned, Ortiz got into "several arguments with the managers and customers who saw what happened and called the Sheriff's Office, " the police report notes. He had taken off by the time cops got there, but they caught up with him at his home, where police say he cursed and yelled, wouldn't let himself be handcuffed, and tried to evade a stun gun. He finally surrendered and was charged with damage to property, resisting an officer without violence, and disorderly conduct.
SMH! McDonalds will NEVER hire him now.
A woman in Italy walked into a fire station last week because she had lost the key to her chastity belt and needed help removing it.
The 60-year-old initially told fire crews in the northern city of Padua that she needed help opening a padlock. When firefighters asked the woman where she lived, thinking she'd locked herself out of her house, she lifted her sweater and showed them the weird iron device.
After cracking open the lock, they investigated whether the woman, whose name has not been released due to Italian privacy law, was a victim of domestic violence who may have been forced to wear the chastity belt.
But the woman told the firefighters she wore it because she was worriedabout the incidents ofsexual violence she saw on the news.
Neither the woman nor the fire department have further commented on the incident.